Jump to navigation Jump to search
This walk is most commonly used in any category that does not allow for Up+A to be used. It can also be used as a backup walk in categories that do allow for Up+A
- 0 - When walking from either the bridge or the grave 1-up, the goal is to take an encounter on this tile. Exit the encounter to the left with no delay. Make your way towards 1.
- a - This is a rarely used backup tile for 0 in case it’s easier to take the encounter on this tile. Exit the encounter to the left with no delay. Make your way towards 1.
- 1 - This is the Cats Tile, another backup for if you can’t get the encounter at either 0 or a. If you did get the encounter at 0 or a, ignore this and continue following the path to 2. If you did not get one of the earlier encounters, step off the path either above or below to trigger an enemy spawn and take the encounter on this tile. Exit the encounter to the left with no delay. Follow the path to 2.
- 2 - This is the last tile that you are on the path for. Walk onto the grass to the left to the 🡑 tile where both the step and timed encounter spawns should trigger.
- 🡑 - Walk one tile up and then to the left to avoid the spawned enemies. Make your way into the swamp either directly below 3 or one tile to the right of that and then walk through the swamp up to 3.
- 3 - This is where the next spawns will trigger. Break the boulder quickly and walk up into the cave, you should make it in before taking an encounter.
- Note: this is one of the most consistent overworld walks in the game. With just a little practice it should become consistent.
- Common ways for this walk to fail
- Fairy spawns
- Late up input at 🡑
- Long delay at the boulder break
- Missed or incorrect d-pad inputs
- riiyak's Boulder Dash Options Tutorial