Late Shield Tomb Walk
This walk is most commonly used in the 100% All Keys, 1CC, 100% All Keys, Attack-1 Deathless, and 100% All Keys, 1CC (FDS) categories when using a route that gets the Shield spell after Palace 2. However, it could be used anytime when going from Rauru Town to Palace 3.
- 0 - After getting the shield spell, exit Rauru walking left with no hesitation, make your way to 0 where you break the boulder. After breaking the boulder make your way to 1.
- 1 - An overworld spawn will happen here. Hesitate briefly so the spawn commits to walking towards Link. This is a longer hesitation than it initially feels like you need. After the hesitation walk left and down to make your way to 2.
- 2 - You need to take an extra step to cancel the step encounter, if you walk here after 1, you’ll have taken the necessary extra step. From here walk right to 3, breaking the boulder along the way.
- 3 - From here you just need to walk directly south to the King’s Tomb encounter tile (4).
- 4 - You should have gotten a free walk here from 3 if you did everything correct. Hold left to exit King’s Tomb as quickly as possible and make your way south to 5.
- 5 - Fairy Cave to the Palace 3 island.
- Common ways this walk fails
- Not hesitating long enough at 1
- Fairy spawn
- Missed d-pad input
- Not taking the extra step before going to 3